Epimedium Extract Icariin
Latin Name: Epimedium sagittatum
Active Ingredient: Icariin
CAS No.: 489-32-7
Test method: HPLC
Name : Epimedium extract Icariin
Latin name： EpimediumdavidiiFranch
Specfication ：5%-98% Icariin、10:1
CAS No.： 489-32-7
Molecular Weight： 676.66
Appearance： brown yellow powder
what is epimedium extract?
Icariin is a chemical compound classified as a flavonol glycoside, a type of flavonoid. It is the 8-prenyl derivative of kaempferol 3,7-O-diglucoside. The compound has been isolated from several species of plants belonging to the genus Epimedium which are commonly known as Horny Goat Weed or Yin Yang Huo. Extracts from these plants are reputed to produce aphrodisiac effects, and are used in traditional Chinese medicine to enhance erectile function.
It is thought that icariin is an active component of Epimedium extracts, as it has been shown to share several mechanisms of action with compounds used in Western medicine to treat impotence. In particular, icariin is a weak PDE5 inhibitor in vitro and to enhance the production of nitric oxide, as well as mimicking the effects of testosterone in rats.It is a weak antioxidant and has antidepressant-like effects in mice. It also has neuroprotective effects in rats.
(1) Stimulate nervous system, promoting sexual function.
(2) Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antitussive, anti-asthmatic and eliminating phlegm.
(3) Tonifying kidney and boosting male virility, alleviating rheumatism, strengthening the muscles and bones.
(4) Lowering blood pressure and blood sugar.
(5) Anti-cancer and enhancing immunity
(6) Restraining staphylococcus and delaying aging.
1. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is mainly used as pharmaceutical
materail to treat asthenia of kidney, impotence, spermatorrhea,
prospermia, cold extremities, acroanesthesia or convulsion, etc
2. Applied in the field of health care products, it was used in capsules, health food, oral liquid, health care wine and other alcoholic beverages, which has good health-care effect on human cardiovascular and endocrine system, delaying aging.
what is apmedium?
pimedium, also known as barrenwort, bishop's hat, fairy wings, horny goat weed, rowdy lamb herb, randy beef grass or yin yang huo , is a genus of flowering plants in the family Berberidaceae. The majority of the species are endemic to China, with smaller numbers elsewhere in Asia, and a few in the Mediterranean region.
Epimedium species are deciduous or evergreen hardy perennials. The majority have four-parted "spider-like" flowers in spring.
The plant contains icariin, which is a PDE5 inhibitor like sildenafil, the active ingredient of Viagra. It is therefore used as an aphrodisiac and a treatment for erectile dysfunction.